Two new eateries have been permitted to bring their unique tastes to Loganville in the new year. According to Janice Tribble, chairman of the Loganville Planning Commission, both Great Harvest Bread and Panera Bread are looking to locate in the city in 2017.
“Great Havest Bread has been permitted,” Tribble said. “They will be located at 150 Athens Highway – that’s where Sugar Kneads used to be, next to Suki’s.”
Great Harvest Bread Company is a franchise that offers specialty artisan hand-crusted bread. The samples that were available at the Walton County Chamber of Commerce last month were very well received by the community.
Tribble said Panera Bread has submitted plans for a location at 185 Athens Highway, next to the proposed Hobby Lobby store.
Other plans for development in Loganville include:
- Eastside Family and Sport Medicine has submitted plans for 3435 Highway 81 S across the street from Athens Orthopedic Center.
- Athens Orthopedic Clinic submitted plans to build out the first floor of their building located at 3440 Highway 81 S.
- City Electric has submitted plans for 4603 Lawrenceville Road
- Duke’s Nursery and Produce has permitted to build a unique Nursery and Produce Stand
- Chef’s Pantry expanded, adding a new suite located at 3939 Atlanta Highway
- Jacob’s Creek, Jameson Glen and Logan Point are in the final stages to have their final plat recorded. Once that is done, they will start building homes.