Fire destroys barber shop in Loganville

Hair Razors barbe shop in Loganville was destroyed by fire on Tuesday morning.
Hair Razors barbe shop in Loganville was destroyed by fire on Tuesday morning, Feb. 4, 2014.

A barber shop in neighboring Loganville was destroyed by fire on Tuesday morning. Authorities had to close part of State Route 20 at Conyers Road as firefighters from Loganville Fire Department and Walton County Fire and Emergency Rescue put out the blaze.

“The call came in at 8:10 a.m. and we arrived at 8:15,” said Loganville Fire Chief Danny Roberts, adding that the fire was at 583 Conyers Road at Hair Razors barber shop. “The units went back into service at 9:19 a.m.”

Roberts said that the building was a total loss. He said the fire was caused by an electrical fault when a tree service truck snagged the wire and pulled the electrical mask out of the electrical service panel – pulling it from the wall and exposing the wires.

“Crews made entry in the front door to extinguish the fire, but we had to wait for the power company to come and cut the power before we could complete the salvage and fire investigation,” Roberts said, adding the power failed to trip as it should have. “The fire was already out – there was no point in risking anyone’s safety until the power was cut.”

Owner of Hair Razors, Vicki Whitmore, said the building was insured. Nobody was in the building at the time of the fire.

“I’ve been here for eight years,” Whitmore said, adding that she would be back in business as soon as the insurance details could be worked out.

About Sharon Swanepoel 2641 Articles
Sharon Swanepoel is the Publisher and Editor of Your Local News, which includes Loganville Local News, Monroe Local News and Walton Living Magazine.
Contact: Website
%d bloggers like this: